Friday, March 29, 2013

THAT's Not a Question I am Ready For

Tonight, driving back from getting gas and picking up a few items from the store - my almost ten year old blurts out 
Why don't our cats have balls?
I am driving in rush hour traffic, trying to get us home safely, and then I am saddled with answering this question...seriously?!? I then told him "so they don't have babies..." he responds "that is just silly - they are boys". I know this is going nowhere.

I suddenly remember when he was five, and was in kindergarten. I was getting him ready for bath, he was standing facing the tub in front of me buck naked. Suddenly, he says "Momma, do I have eggs down there..."

Another time, a few years later, he comes running in and tells me "it is broken...it won't fold back up!"

And yes, in both situations, I had to first hold my laughter back, take a deep breath, and figure out what exactly I was going to say...

My only advice to Mom's of boys, refrain from laughing your butt off and maintain composure -- at any cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment